I just realized this is my 300th post - and the end of an era.
For the last week or so, when I have been giving David his bedtime bottle, he has been squirming and wiggling, so time arrived tonight where we tried getting rid of the bedtime bottle. I gave up my snuggle time, my quiet hugs, my peaceful love and I am sad to have it end. But, he did such a great job in his high chair having his graham crackers and milk. We went upstairs, sat in his rocking chair and read "Goodnight Moon" and as I was reading, he snuggled into my chest and we rocked and rocked. I still got my snuggles, hugs, and love and I think I am okay with the start of this new routine. Especially because he went right to bed without tears. My little boy is growing up and it is sort of sad, but exciting, too. No matter how big he gets or what he eats for a snack or what book he reads before bed, he will always be my Bean, my baby, the littlest love of my life.
1 comment:
What a beautiful post. It made me tear up a bit. I love reading about your motherhood adventures.
Post a Comment