Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

I am so glad I chose to go back to my old school for this coming school year.  I am 6 days away from returning to hallways filled with elementary students and I am so ready.  Not ready to leave David and go back to the grind of work, but prepared for the year.  Because I have the same four kiddos from last year and two more that I already know, getting lessons together has been a sinch!  Entering my second year in the public schools bring so much more confidence and much less nervousness.  I'm sure this year will have its fair share of challenges, but I know they will come without the challenges of lesson plans and getting to know my students, which will hopefully make the challenges I do face that much easier to deal with.  Either way, come Monday, I will get up early and actually put on some make-up and my "teacher clothes" and start my year with a smile on my face (and a mug of coffee in my hand)!

No comments: