Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Opera
I just finished my audition for the Madison Opera 2008-2009 season! I NAILED it! I have an unfortunate habit of forgetting the words when I audition, but I didn't miss a single one tonight and I sang really well. They requested two contrasting pieces, so I took E'Amore Un La Droncello from Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte and Johnny One Note from Babes in Arms. Those are two of my specialties. I love those two songs and I think it shows any time I sing them. The man I auditioned for had some really nice compliments for me and even asked me to audition for the role of Paquette in Candide with his regional theatre! I don't get a chance to sing for professional voice teachers anymore, so hearing his comments was great. I don't know if I will be chosen to sing with the Madison Opera, but it does feel good to have a solid, successful audition under my belt! I will keep you posted! Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment