Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dancing Again


I am finally dancing again and, oh man, does it feel good! I danced all through high school and it was one of my favorite things in the world! Two nights a week and every weekend during show choir season, I sweat my ass off dancing and singing. This wasn't just some jazz hands, step-together-step dancing, this was "ballroom, Latin, jazz, hip hop, disco, fast-paced, backflips into the splits (twice)" dancing. Since high school, I haven't done any sort of organized dancing and I really miss it! And I hate exercising and sweating, but if I am dancing for my exercise, I don't mind at all!

Dan and I had our first ballroom dance class tonight and had a blast! We learned the waltz tonight and we were one of the best in the class! I had to dust the cobwebs off some of my muscles that haven't been used since high school, but the ache in my calves and shoulders from holding frame felt good! Dancing, like singing, is a time where I always feel beautiful and graceful. Even though I was sweating and my dance shoes look silly with my work-out pants, I felt beautiful. It helped that I spent the hour having a fabulous time with my husband, laughing, looking into each other's eyes, and moving as one. I wish we didn't have to wait a whole week for our next class! Until next time...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oooh, I'm jealous. I have always wanted to take a ballroom class.