....when I said, "No news is good news."
Well, I have some not so good news. Last Thursday, Dan's aunt passed away suddenly. We were very upset by this news. Dan couldn't head home because he had some prior commitments that he couldn't get out of, so I was our representative. The weekend with his grandparents was nice, but there was an underlying heaviness throughout my time there. Memorial services are still in the planning stages but Dan and I have been remembering Meri these last few days.
My favorite memory was on the girl's trip to the Virgin Islands! We had seen signs of a rat in our cabin for a day or so and the beast finally made his appearance. Once our shrieks had quieted, our feet returned to the floor and the rat out the door, Meri began to tell us a story about a rat she managed to scare to death! Her smile was so big and she was laughing so hard that tears were nearly rolling down her cheeks. My mother-in-law managed to get the whole thing on video and I am so glad this memory is preserved!
1 comment:
Thanks for reminding me of the rat story! It made me laugh, which I really needed today!
Post a Comment