Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sometimes depression sucks

Ok, well depression sucks all the time and, thank God, I don't have a terribly severe case of it and I am well medicated.  (Yay, Prozac!)  But, every once in a while, I have days that are good days, nothing bad or stressful, but every couple of hours I am hit with an overwhelming urge to burst into tears.  And, if the timing was right and I happened to come across one of those save the abused puppies commercials, I may just sob myself into oblivion.  Today was one of those days.  Dan was in Ames all day teaching at an Iowa All-State Percussion clinic, so I packed David up and we went to church, ran some errands, ate lunch, David had a nap and I gave myself a manicure and read a good book, we ran another errand and had dinner with my parents, came home, got some other stuff done, gave David a bath, and we snuggled and read books.  Nothing bad, nothing stressful, no potty accidents, the woman in front of me at Starbucks let me use the free half of her buy-one-get-one coupon (I mean really, how can you feel like crying when you are sipping a free Pumpkin Spice Latte).  But, still, every couple of hours or so I just wanted to cry and I couldn't begin to tell you why.  Maybe it is because I don't like my job.  Maybe it is because I got a three day weekend last week and this week is just a normal work week.  Maybe it is because Dan is super busy this month and I already feel like I haven't hardly seen him.  Maybe it is because I am having PMS (okay, let's be honest, it is probably because of the PMS).  Or, maybe it is just one of those symptoms of depression that I have been living with for 13 years.  Either way, a cup of tea, writing this blog, some time on Pinterest and an episode of Grey's Anatomy with Dan is just what I need.  So, no tears from me!

No comments: